Maple Ridge is a community that has one of the most incredible natural settings in British Columbia. Our southern border is the Fraser River, where our community was founded and neighbourhood names like Port Haney, Port Hammond, Whonnock and Ruskin resonate due to the early settlement along the river which was the lifeblood of the community back in 1874 when we were incorporated. The northern boundary is equally spectacular with the Golden Ears and Coast mountains providing us with breathtaking views year round. This is a great place, by any measure. Maple Ridge also boasts amazing citizens who are engaged in their community in all fields. From amateur sports to the visual and performing arts, environmental stewardship to community advocacy and charity – this is a place where you can find and pursue your passions in life. This page provides you with links that will help you access information on the many activities and amenities that make this a great community. Let us know if we can add information that other citizens can use to fully engage and participate in life in our community. Things to DoMaple Ridge is a great place to live because of its breathtaking natural setting and the amazing people that are your friends and neighbours. Here are some links to the places and organizations that make this home.
- THE ACT ARTS CENTRE - The Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Arts Council has been around for 40 years to promote and encourage the visual, written and performing arts in our community. One of the jewels in our cultural crown is The Act Arts Centre, known locally as 'The ACT.' Their website contains listings about the numerous presentations at the facility and links to the wonderful arts programs that will help you express your creativity.
- GREAT SCHOOLS - From kindergarten to grade 12, Maple Ridge has some amazing schools that are part of School District No. 42. From their website you can explore the schools in various neighbourhoods and get a glimpse at the great programs offered by specific schools. From the core academics to amazing arts and sports programs, a great school and great teachers; these are important parts of strong communities. In addition to our public schools, Maple Ridge also boasts some of the region's finest private schools. Local citizens have great choices when it comes to education!
- PUBLIC LIBRARY - The Maple Ridge Public Library is part of the Fraser Valley Regional Library system and boasts an impressive onsite collection, plus access to the entire collection in the system through a reservation system. In addition, the library has some wonderful public spaces that you can book for community meetings and they also run great programs for young and old.
- SERVICE CLUBS AND VOLUNTEERISM - The thing that makes this community special are the remarkable volunteers who work to improve life in our community and the world. Information on volunteer opportunities in Maple Ridge as well as local service clubs, charity organizations and environmental groups can be found in this section. People here roll up their sleeves and get things done!
- TOURISM MAPLE RIDGE - The local tourism website will show you some of the great programs and places that people come from all around British Columbia to experience. These wonderful amenities are right here on our back doorstep.
- TRAILS - No matter where you live in Maple Ridge, you're only about 15 minutes away from dykes and trails that are the envy of the lower mainland. Access local trail information so you can get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, take a deep breath and enjoy vistas that are literally the stuff of postcards.